No doubt that Aimpoint has set the industry standard for red dot sights, making purchasing the best one a no-brainer. What are the differences? Which Aimpoint sight do you choose? This article will clarify the disparities between the T and H series, that is, the first and second generation to assist you in deciding which one is ideal for your hunting needs.
Aimpoint Micro T-2 is the revolutionized and upgraded type of it's previous T-1 model. These compact, super lightweight models are some of the most renowned go-to-duty and home defense model optics because of the unparalleled reputation on being dependable and reliable. If you get the T1 or the T2, rest assured that the optics will not fail you in your time of need.
However, does the upgrade to Aimpoint T2 make sense? Keep on reading. We will assist you to know the differences between these two and at the same time, assist you to make a sound choice on whether to buy the upgraded version or stick to the usual one.
Aimpoint T2 vs. H2: Quick Summary
Aimpoint Micro T2 has been upgraded with:
- Rounder and crispier like the Aimpoint micro H2
- Better natural contrast and color glass
- Dots clearer for people suffering from astigmatism
- Considerably less parallax error
- It comes with flip-up lens caps
- More security on the elevation turret
- Helicoil screw inserts at the base
- Higher value or price
Aimpoint Micro T-2 has rounder, a crispier dot that can be felt once you use magnifiers along with the red dot sight. It is also compatible with NVDS or night vision devices. Its Lens and glass coating has natural color as well as remarkable contrast. Parallax error is eliminated. Housing construction further enhances protection by covering more of the height or altitude turret.
If you have a plan of purchasing a new red dot and is thinking of between the Aimpoint T-1 and the Aimpoint T-2, it is advisable to choose the upgraded version due to the improved benefit trumps improved price.
Aimpoint AB is an optics company based in Sweden that is renowned for producing red dot sights for police, military, and civilian use. At present, red dot sights offered by Aimpoint are utilized by many law enforcers from all parts of the globe, which include the United States military.
Short Comparison of Aimpoint T-1 and Aimpoint Micro T-2
- Comes with 2 MOA dot
- Compatible with Night vision devices
- T2 has a lower price
- Less round and crisp
- Doesn’t come with a lens cap
- Less protection to turrets
- A bit more bluish tint as well as worse contrast
- Worse parallax
Aimpoint Micro T-2
- 2 MOA
- A bit better contrast
- Less blue tine glass
- Helicoil screw insert at the bottom or base
- It has a flip-up lens
- More security on the elevation turret
- Micro T 1 is Expensive
Aimpoint Micro T-2 is a Huge Development Over the Aimpoint Micro T-1. When the Aimpoint T-2 was presented to the public, a lot of people think and assume that this model would be just a small marginal development over the previous model. This is because of the Aimpoint micro T-1 was already an amazing and spectacular red dot sight.
However, all these speculations were not true; this is because there are many significant developments and upgrades with the Aimpoint Micro T-2. A lot of people even recommend that the company stop the production of the Aimpoint Micro T-1 line altogether and only produce the newest version.
Aimpoint T2 vs Aimpoint T1: Optics Showdown
The latest T-2, has a clearer glass as well as crisper dot. For many optic fanatics, the T-2 dot is indeed a remarkable improvement. Its magnifier multiplies any imperfections and distortion a red dot sight might have, thus helping the user to know things they might have overlooked with their naked eyes. As a result, it is considered one of the sterner and stricter tests on red dot sight.
Even if the micro T-1 dot is accepted by a lot of users, running a magnifier with the red dot makes it seem that the dot isn’t flawlessly rounded. Once you utilized the previous model with EOTech G33, you will see that the dot is more of an oval shape.
This issue can be addressed once you switch to Aimpoint T-2. With this model, the dot is nicer, as well as perfectly round. For those who never use or plan to use magnifiers, keep in mind that the dot will look better for people experiencing astigmatism.
According to one user with astigmatism, he sees considerably less starburst or splits with the micro T-2 model. Lens and glass coating has added to a remarkable development.
Once you begin nitpicking with the previous model, you will see a bit of blue tint with the glass. This tin has never bothered users before, even with previous models having amazing glass. The upgraded version provides better natural color and a bit of better contrast, harmonizing the vision of your two eyes with sight picture more flawlessly and smoothly.
Reduced in Parallax Error with Micro T-2
Micro T-1 red dot sight already has fewer parallax errors compared to lower-end red dot available like the Primary Arms, Holosun, and many others. On the other hand, the upgraded version is one step further when it comes to the reduction in parallax error. As a result, you can obtain higher accuracy with the micro T-2, although you might not have good cheek weld each time.
A parallax test done scientifically revealed that the parallax error in T-2 is considerably less than the previous model. In the same assessment, parallax error is reduced best by EOTech EXPS 3.0; that must be the case in view of the fact that it uses a holographic sight system. The upgraded version earned the second spot when it comes to parallax reduction in various tests, which were done.
Aimpoint Micro T-1 vs Aimpoint Micro T-2: Trivial Changes and Developments
These are the 'least' changes and improvements in the Aimpoint Micro T-2.
- In the micro T-2, the pinnacle of the tube’s housing construction is elevated to further keep the raised turret safe and secure. Both windage and elevation caps on the previous model comes with two knobs on top that can be utilized to alter the turrets. On the other hand, for the micro T-2 model the windage cap comes with knobs. Make sure to never lose the cap, or else you have to carry necessary equipment for adjustment.
- The Helicoil screw is inserted at the bottom of the T-2 model.
- When it comes to lens covers, the upgraded version comes with flip caps cover. It has an opaque front cap, and the rear cap is extremely clear. The T-1, on the other hand, comes with a bikini covers.
- The micro T-2 sits one-millimeter higher than the previous model.
There are also some similarities between the two models, such as:
- Battery Life: Both have 50,000 hours of battery life, both have the right side battery compartment
- Brightness Settings: Both have 4NVD and 8 Daylight, of which one additional bright setting.
- Warranty: Both T1 micro Aimpoint and T-2 come with two years warranty for professional or competition use as well as ten years warranty for personal use from the time or date of procurement.
- The same size or dimension.
What is the T-1 mount?
The T-1 mount is a lightweight, and low profile mount for AR platforms. Position at the perfect height for a total co-witness or lower 1/3 using extra spacers. The T-1 mount is extremely versatile while offering shooters or users with a superb choice for all T-1 compatible optics. Due to the modular style and design, you can mount the optics at the desired and preferred heights.
Then, which Aimpoint should I buy?
The Micro –T1 or the Micro T-2? Well let us break down the upgrades done in T-2 red dot sight(2 MOA).
- Rounder and crisper red dot sight.
- Better natural color glass as well as contrast.
- Dot is clearer for those with astigmatism.
- Considerably less parallax error.
- More security on the elevation turret.
- Flip-up lens caps included.
- Helicoil screw inserts at the base.
- It has a Higher price.
State of the art Aimpoint Micro T-2 has a rounder and a crisper dot that can be felt easily once you use magnifiers along with the red dot sight. It eliminates parallax error, having natural color and providing the user with better contrast. There is an improvement in the construction of its housing, thus improving protection by concealing more of the elevation turret.
So, if you intend in purchasing a new red dot and are considering between the T1 and the T2, you should definitely choose the latter due to its groundbreaking improvements. But, if you are searching for a product that offers versatility in daylight shooting, choose micro H2. Aimpoint Micro H2 is another product offered by Aimpoint AB. Micro H is also as popular amongst gun owners today.