Are you searching for a complete and detailed comparison guide between Vortex Viper Red and Venom? You have come to the right place. This article is intended for those who find it hard to choose between the two. Here, you will find the differences, including the features, MOA, battery life, and many more. So, sit back, relax, and keep on reading.
This Vortex Optics is very popular. Both models have the same price. As a matter of fact, there are Red Dot optics available on the market at this point, which costs you a lot than these Vortex optics. We will discuss the features and capabilities of Viper and Venom to give you vital and relevant details for you to settle on the best one that meets and suits your requirements.
What is the difference between the Vortex Venom vs. Viper?
These Vortex optics come from the Vortex family, so meaning they are made in the same manufacturing plant utilizing the same components or materials. As such, the disparities are in profile as well as overall performance. Let us give you a short insight into the two models.
- The Venom Red Dot Sight-3 MOA promotes rapid target acquisition while providing a precise point of aim; getting shots down range and on target fast. The Venom's aluminum housing ensures this unit will stand up to whatever you throw at it.
- High quality, fully multi-coated lenses offer a clean, wide field of view. Power and dot intensity controls are conveniently located on the left side of the sight to choose between 10 brightness levels.
- The Venom also has an auto-brightness mode that uses an ambient light sensor to control dot intensity if the shooter prefers. Parallax Free
- 1 MOA wind age and elevation adjustments are super sleek and make sighting in a breeze. The top load system makes changing the CR1632 battery a breeze, as you will not have to remove your sight to change the power source.
- The Venom Red Dot will fit well on your rifle or shotgun giving you optimal flexibility.O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating for reliable performance in all environments
- Available in various dot sizes
- Vortex is ideal for long guns and handguns as well
- Shockproof and waterproof
- A bit bigger than the Viper
- Top load battery access
- CR 163 2 battery not as
- common as the CR 2032
- The Viper Red Dot Sight has a super low-profile making it perfect for handguns with cut-out slides.
- The Viper's low height allows it to co-witness with iron sights and the 6 MOA dot is easy to pick up and get you on target fast. Power and illumination controls are easy for shooters to access and adjust.
- The fully multi-coated, ultra-clear lens offers a wide, unobstructed field of view while Armortek coatings protect your lens from oil, dirt, and scratches.
- Hard anodized finish- highly durable low-glare matte finish. 1 MOA windage and elevation adjustments move the dot to your point of aim.
- Waterproof and shockproof construction ensure your Viper Red Dot is ready for all conditions; O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating for reliable performance in all environments.
- Not like the Venom, the Viper is ideal for pistols only
- Design is low profile
- Shockproof and waterproof
- 6 MOA dot
- Extremely compact
- One dot choice available
- CR 2032 a very common choice of battery
When measuring the differences between these Vortex optics, taking both the Venom and the Viper and putting them on the same weapon and firing off shorts is the lone way to assess and compare the performance in real-time. Upon using both rifles and handguns, experts come up with the following conclusion:
Both these Vortex optics have the same levels of performance, quality as well as size. Both models are rugged, tough, waterproof as well as shockproof. The Vortex Viper red is a bit sleeker and smaller in dimension compared to Venom. On the other hand, the disparities in their size make the Vortex a difficult model to change batteries. Both come with similar accessories and come with a Picatinny mount. Also, both models come with generous warranties.
Also, these Vortex optics comes with an unreserved lifetime guarantee and takes account of a mount, protective cover, wrench rain, mounting screws, battery, lens cloth, as well as a screwdriver, although Venom has flathead wrench. Both models provide a wide and clear field of view. Settling on which one is ideal for you will depend on design, size as well as functionality. Keep on reading to know the differences between the two models.
Value and Cost Comparison
The Vortex Venom and the Viper have the same price. You can buy these models for only USD250, which makes them a very reasonable mini red dot option available. A lot of manufactures of mini red dots today cost hundreds and even thousands, which is higher than these sights.
The Venom and the Viper are almost the same when it comes to function and in form.
Both sights have similar control, features, same quality build, as well as the same battery life- even if they do utilize diverse batteries. The main disparities between the Viper and the Venom are that the latter is available in two diverse sizes of a dot as well as a bit bigger than the Vortex Viper.
Is the vortex venom any good?
Called as the “the best bang for the buck” by many clients and users, the Vortex Venom can be purchased in three and six red dots, which make it a remarkable option for both handguns and long guns.
The 3 MOA red dot sight of Venom is superb for accuracy and exactness required for rifles, while the 6 MOA red dot works best for a handgun. The six moa module produces a dot that covers 6 inches. A lot of gun owners want the ease of the handy design of this red dot sight model with top load battery, which makes it easy for them to change the battery. This also enables the sight to keep raised when changing the battery.
This model also makes use of the CR 1632 battery that is not as ordinary as those used in Viper (which is the CR 2032).
The height and windage adjustments are “extremely sleek and make sighting easy and stress-free.” Moa Dot intensity and power controls are expediently situated on the left portion of the unit to pick between ten levels of brightness. Also, the Venom comes with an automatic brightness mode that utilizes an ambient light sensor in order to control the intensity of the 6 MOA dot if the user chooses to. The level of brightness is an exceptional feature of this model, which allows full functionality in spite of lighting conditions, settings as well as background.
This red dot will suitably fit on shotguns and rifles, providing users with the utmost flexibility. In fact, according to the company, the Venom sight will make your shotgun and rifle even more venomous with this red dot sight. This model has lots of positive reviews online with a five-star rating. This shows that it is reliable and really worth your investment.
It is an almost perfect and good combination of accuracy and price. This is also named as an all-around great red dot. State of the art venom red dot sight-3 MOA encourages and supports fast target acquisition while offering an accurate point of aim; it gets shots down range as well as on target fast. It has a housing made of aluminum materials, which make sure this unit will stand up to no matter what you give at it.
Venom red has superior, multi-coated lenses that provide a wide and clear field of sight. Dot and power intensity controls are suitable situated on the left portion of the sight, which makes it easy to pick between ten levels of brightness.
It is integrated with an automatic brightness mode which utilizes an ambient light sensor to encourage the intensity of the venom red dot when you prefers
Venom red is also parallax free errors 1 MOA windage and elevation adjustments are sleek that makes sighting comfortable and easier. The integrated top-load system features make it easy to change the battery, as there is no need to get rid of a sight to change the power source.
The red dot fits well on shotgun and rifle, thus gives users the utmost flexibility. It has O-rings seals that avoid moisture, debris, as well as dust from penetrating for dependable performance in all settings.
- CR 1632 battery
- Bigger body
- 3 MOA dot only
The Vortex Viper Review
This Vortex red dot viper and pistol does better than you can imagine. Its compact and handy design and low profile features make it ideal for handguns. The low height features enable it to co-witness with a suppressor height of pistol sights.
Compared to its sister model, the Vortex Viper is only integrated with one dot option, which is the 6 MOA dot. The size of this red dot gets users on target quickly. Viper comes with an optic lens that is multi-coated, thus increases the efficiency in light transmission, but at the same time lessens glare, which allows for clarity. It has a matte finish, and it is also waterproof and shockproof, thus enhances its toughness and durability.
Same as the Vortex Venom, the buttons or control is integrated on the side portion of the sight. It would have the same battery life, even if it utilized a CR 2032 battery. On the other hand, the sight should be eliminated from the mount when changing the battery.
As mentioned above, it is integrated with a completely multi-coated, super clear lens that provides an unobstructed and wide field of view. The up and down power on the left side and the illumination keys are easily accessible and simple to manipulate. The red dot daylight bright is easy to spot and paints focus in spite of the conditions of the background and light.
It has recessed 1 MOA windage, while the adjustments of elevation are extremely clear, secured from minor contact, what is more, the Viper model is always “at the ready.”
This model also has lots of positive reviews online and with a five-star rating. This is because it is easy to use and easy to access the battery compartment. It has a lower profile. Therefore it can co-witness with the gun’s sight well. It works well on handguns.
- The red dot sight comes with a lower profile, which makes it ideal for handguns that have cut-out slides.
- The low height design enables it to co-witness with 6 MOA dot and the iron sights. Thus it is stress-free to pick up and get users on target quickly.
- Illumination and power controls are fast for users to adjust and access.
- It has a fully multi-coated clear lens that provides a broad and unobstructed field of sight while it has Armotex coatings that keep the lens safe and sound from dirt, oil as well as scratches.
- It has anodized finish- extremely durable and tough glare matte finish.
- Shockproof and waterproof construction makes sure this red dot sight is always ready in spite of the conditions. The integrated O-ring seals avoid moisture, debris, and dust from penetrating for dependable and reliable performance in all types of settings and backgrounds.
- Slow Battery Replacement
The Vortex Venom has a 3 MOA while the Viper has 6 MOA and 3 MOA dot. Your choice depends on what you are aiming as well as at what distance will know and decide your choice between the different red dot sights. Some experts believe that the 6 MOA dot is better unless you are trying to shoot bull’s eye out to fifty yards or more.
The Venom, on the other hand, is a bit bigger compared to the Viper, which makes it a remarkable option for rifle and, this is considered the perfect choice for pistols. It is also a bit hard to charge the battery; however, due to its style and design, it does have a compact and handy profile. A lot of users commended the ten levels of brightness integrated into Venom.
Venom Red Dot Sight vs. Viper Red Dot Sight: Which is the Best Vortex Optics?
Both red dot sights are ideal for handgun uses, and the smaller and seeker Viper red dot sight will offer you that extra perks of size, which saves functionality. On the other hand, once you possess a rifle and want the sight on rifle a rifle and handgun, since knowledge and awareness assists speed up sighting choices, and then Venom is a perfect choice.
On the other hand, in case you just have a handgun, then the Vortex Viper is the perfect choice due to its sleeker style. It is also a low profile unit. Keep in mind the actual application with regard to time constraints. Once you’re in the field on tactical assignment and spend a lot of days in duty, then the Venom model provides an extra perk compared to the small version. The venom model is three moa dot optic, so the red dot is a bit smaller opposed to the six moa dot of Viper. Thus it is a better choice for the pistol. However, it is better than other models available with just one moa.
The Venom, on the other hand, provides quick and stress-free battery change that, in most cases, can be vital. Both offer long battery life.